Salchi Metalcoat was established in 1993 as Salchi Rhenacoat Srl when the two founding partners, SALCHI Spa, a leading Italian industrial and coil coatings' manufacturer, and Rhenania Chemische GmbH, a leading German packaging and coil coatings' manufacturer - part of the German Altana Group - decided to spin-off into Salchi Rhenacoat Srl their respective activities in the field of coil and packaging coatings.
In 1999, a brand new plant in Burago Molgora (MB, Italy) was started and in 2006, Salchi Rhenacoat Srl changed its name into Salchi Metalcoat Srl.
Today, Salchi Metalcoat employs about 80 people in its plant in Burago Molgora. 30% of the employed people works in R&D and Quality Control. Production is made in a modern plant, complying with the most update production techniques. The company is operating according to the requirements of a Quality System ever since it was established in 1993. The Quality Management System is certified according to UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 standard.
The plant is regularly audited by leading multinational customers.
Salchi Metalcoat is focussing its activities on two business fields:
- Coil coatings, including inks and adhesives for colamination.
- Packaging coatings, including metal decoration inks.
Salchi Metalcoat offers a complete portfolio of coating solutions to its customers for different final uses.
As a young and independent coating manufacturer, it is not related to conglomerates or private equity groups. In this way, it can guarantee for the long-term commitment, reliability, flexibility, fastness and closeness to all its customers.
Although established in 1993, Salchi Metalcoat has a long history and a lot of experience in the production and development of coatings. Today it is one of the mayor independent coil and packaging coating manufacturers in Europe.
Salchi Metalcoat produces and sells white basecoats for internal and external, coloured basecoats for external, protective varnishes for interior and exterior:
- Three pieces cans
- Two pieces cans
- Open top ends and E.O.E.
- Crown corks
- Lug caps for jars
- Bisphenol -A free coatings for food cans
- Electrocoating repair systems for easy-open ends, also in bpa-ni
- Aerosol cans
- Aluminium screw caps
- Inks include traditional wet and dry offset inks, UV curing inks also in the ITX-free version.
Coil coatings for steel and aluminium:
- Chromate-free primers and base coats
- Top coats for architecture and industrial uses including SHIELDO scratch proof top coats
- Salform wrinkled matt finishes for roofings
- Polyurethane Polyamide top coats for aluminium roller shutters
- PVdF top coats for extreme high outdoor durability based on KYNAR (Arkema)
- Base coats and adhesives for composite colaminated coils (PVC, PP, PET, PE) for industrial uses
- Special inks for coil decoration
- Printing inks for PET foils to be used for colamination
- NIR coatings for very short curing schedules of NIR lines
- Foil coatings for aluminium
- Epoxy varnishes for fin stock
- Very high durability polyester top coats for architecture
- Epoxy varnishes for menu trays
- Polyester BPA-NIA varnishes for food packaging.