Solvay will attend the next edition of ABRAFATI to showcase its latest solutions for the paints and coatings market.
Solvay will participate at the next edition of ABRAFATI Show, through its Latin American subsidiary Rhodia, to present five new sustainable solutions for the paint and coatings industry.
Solvay has made significant investments to increase production capacity of sustainable chemicals for paints and coatings. Additionally, the company has introduced a range of new products to meet the growing needs of this sector.
The latest product offerings include:
- Solsys® COAT IBA: a biodegradable solution within Rhodia's Oxygenated Solvents line which delivers exceptional solubilisation efficiency and high performance for coating formulations;
- Solsys® Coat MA: a product offering economic benefits for coatings formulations across automotive, OEM and industrial markets;
- Hexylene glycol: a low-odor, biodegradable solution for water-based formulations which functions as a coalescing agent and levelling solvent, providing an excellent option for pigment dispersion;
- Rhodiacid® Carbon Neutral: the first carbon-neutral adipic acid produced at Solvay's industrial unit in Paulínia (Brazil), marking a significant step towards sustainability in the industry;
- Rhodiaeco®: a high-performance solution specifically crafted for the leather treatment industry.
"In unveiling these innovative products, Rhodia, a key branch of Solvay, reaffirms its steadfast dedication to providing optimal solutions for the paints and coatings market. These offerings not only address the evolving requirements for innovation, performance and cost-effectiveness but also align seamlessly with the imperative of advancing sustainability. Our recent introduction of the first carbon-neutral product portfolio for the Brazilian chemical/textile industry is a source of pride and we look forward to expanding it further with the integration of new oxygenated solvents,” hast stated Andrea Jara, Commercial Director of the Coatis Global Business Unit at Solvay Group.
In addition to Rhodia, several business units of the Solvay Group took the opportunity to present new products for the paint and coatings sector:
- Reactsurf® 2490: a polymerisable surfactant made for pressure-sensitive adhesives and paints;
- Rhodapex® BSA 300: an alkylphenol ethoxylated surfactant, versatile in polymerisation applications;
- Addibond™: eco-friendly polymers that improve adhesive and ink adhesion, corrosion resistance and product longevity.
"Solvay remains dedicated to investing in the Brazilian market. The Itatiba facility has emerged as a dynamic hub of innovation within the Solvay group, particularly in the fields of surfactants and specialty monomers. We are actively allocating resources to expand both our production and storage capabilities, while incorporating new pioneering technologies to further drive advancements in our industry," has added Leandro Alves, Coatings Business Development Manager at Solvay Novecare.